Join us for some league action! Great event for new players who want to get some practice with deckbuilding and some light competition and for veteran players looking for a fun experience.
League is every Tuesday from July 18th – August 8th at 7:00pm. If you cannot make it to the Tuesday meet time, you are welcome to play matches at other times with League Players throughout the week.
Entry fee is $20 and includes 4 booster packs of Hour of Devastation and 2 packs Amonkhet to build a 40 card deck with. The first 30 participants will receive a collector’s box to store their cards in.
Rules of the League:
– Play as many matches as you want.
– Get a free mulligan each match.
– Add another booster pack to your pool after 3 losses and/or at the beginning of the next league session (max. 3 packs per week)
-We’ll hold your league materials in between weeks.
– Play all 4 league events = 3 packs
– Win more than 5 matches in a row = 1 pack
– Bring a friend who’s never played at Mothership before to join the league = 1 pack
– Play 10+ games = 1 Wizards promo item
– Build a deck that Lauren thinks is really funny = 1 pack*
– Don’t be a douchebag to other players and actually foster community at the ‘ship = 1 pack*
Note: * means that it’s up to Lauren’s discretion if you get this bonus pack or not
*Note: preregistration is highly recommended as we typically sell out for these events.*
Event times and dates:
– Saturday, July 22nd at 11:30am
– Sunday, July 23rd at 11:30am
– Monday, July 24th at 7:00pm
– Thursday, July 27th at 7:00pm
Entry fee is $30 and includes:
– 22 card evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets
– 4 Sun and Moon Burning Shadows Booster Packs
– 1 of 4 alternate art promo cards
– 1 Deck building tip sheet
Max. 24 players per event. Each player will receive 1 prerelease deck and be given 30 minutes for deck building.
The tournament will last about 3-4 rounds depending on the number of total participants. Each round typically lasts 20 minutes + 3 turns.
Games are played with 4 prize cards rather than the usual 6. Basic energy cards included in the prerelease kits will be provided to players.
Everyone will receive 3 participation packs and we’ll add 1 pack per person to the prize pool to be distributed to the top half players of each division. Additional prize packs will be from sets that are currently available; you may instead accept a voucher for the new set when it is released.
We will also be raffling off some Elite Trainer boxes, EX boxes, and Mythical boxes- one will be added per 8 attendees!
Staring on Saturday, April 29th, we’ll be allowing folks to rent out our board game for 1 week. Rates start at 10% of the listed MSRP of the game.
You can sign up for an account and browse our inventory here: