And WoTC has done it again! Special Standard Showdown packs!
Select Sundays at 6:30pm, we’ll be adding Standard Showdown Packs to our regular Win-a-Box tournament. $10 entry fee.
– Sunday, May 28th
– Sunday, June 4th
– Sunday, June 11th
– Sunday, June 18th
– Sunday, June 25th
– Sunday, July 2nd
How Showdown Packs will be prized out:
– 1 pack to each player in the top 8
– 1 pack to a select player in the community
Note: For events that have fewer than 8 players, we will distribute one to each player. Excess packs will be saved for events with higher attendance.
Standard Showdown packs contain the following:
- 2 rare or mythic rare from a currently legal Standard set
- 1 Amonkhet full-art land
- 1 premium card of any rarity from a currently legal Standard set, including Amonkhet full-art lands
*Standard Showdown: Amonkhet booster packs do not include Masterpieces.
When: Saturday, May 20th at 4pm and Sunday, May 21st at 4pm
Entry fee: $10
1st place: 1 box of Amonkhet boosters and the Champion playmat
Top 8 will get the full art Glorybringer. Top 30 players will get the alternate art Trueheart Duelist.
3 booster packs will be added to the prize pool for every player after the first 12. Prize packs will be distributed at the TO’s discretion based on the number of participants registered at the start of the event.
Date: Sunday, June 11th
Event fee: $15
– Register here!
– Pay your event fee in store or call us at 512-291-7399 to pay by phone
***Anyone who has signed up but not prepaid by Saturday, June 10th at 11:00pm will automatically be shifted to the “stand-by list” and will be given a spot in the order in which they show up to registration.
Time: Registration from 10:30am to 10:55am. Player meeting starts promptly at 11:00am. If you are not seated with your decklist by 11:00am, you will be given a round 1 game loss.
Tournament structure: Swiss rounds, cut to top 8 for single elimination. Premier format rules. Maximum 32 players. Under 16 players will be best of 3, more than 16 players will be best of 1.
League Cup Kit Prizing:
1 stamped playmat for first place for each division
Championship points in the following manner:
Play Pokemon League Cup
1 box of Sun and Moon Guardians Rising packs will be added to the prize pool for every 12 players registered in the tournament. Packs will be distributed proportionally to each division to a minimum of the top 3 players.
Please fill out the following form and come to the store or call us at 512-291-7399 to pay your event fees.
Standard Sponsorship Series
What is it? A chance to win a sponsored spot on Team Mothership by playing in our standard events and earning a spot in the Finals on Sunday, June 25th at 6:00pm
How do you sign up? Play in at least 6 sanctioned standard events at Mothership from Friday, May 5th to Wednesday, June 21st.
How do you win a spot in the Finals? We’ll take your top 6 standard event records and average them. Game Days and PPTQ records will be worth two records. The highest scoring players will be invited to play off for one of 4 slots on our sponsored team.
When are Finals? Finals will be held on Sunday, June 25th at 6:00pm. Those invited to finals will be informed by Thursday, June 22nd.
What do you get for being on the sponsored team?
- Mothership swag
- Free entry into an Hour of Devastation prerelease
- Free entry into our next PPTQ
- 20% off all standard singles until 9/23/17
- Ability to borrow standard singles until 9/23/17
Staring on Saturday, April 29th, we’ll be allowing folks to rent out our board game for 1 week. Rates start at 10% of the listed MSRP of the game.
You can sign up for an account and browse our inventory here:
Join us for some league action! Great event for new players who want to get some practice with deckbuilding and some light competition and for veteran players looking for a fun experience.
League is every Tuesday from May 2nd – May 23th at 7:00pm. If you cannot make it to the Tuesday meet time, you are welcome to play matches at other times with League Players throughout the week.
Entry fee is $20 and includes 6 booster packs of Amonkhet to build a 40 card deck with. The first 30 participants will receive a collector’s box to store their cards in.
Rules of the League:
– Play as many matches as you want.
– Get a free mulligan each match.
– Add another booster pack to your pool after 3 losses and/or at the beginning of the next league session (max. 3 packs per week)
-We’ll hold your league materials in between weeks.
– Play all 4 league events = 3 packs
– Win more than 5 matches in a row = 1 pack
– Bring a friend who’s never played at Mothership before to join the league = 1 pack
– Play 10+ games = 1 Wizards promo item
– Build a deck that Lauren thinks is really funny = 1 pack*
– Don’t be a douchebag to other players and actually foster community at the ‘ship = 1 pack*
Note: * means that it’s up to Lauren’s discretion if you get this bonus pack or not
Mothership Books and Games is proud to be one of the satellite locations for the Unrivaled Tournament Series. Satellite tournaments feed into regionals and finals where the grand prizes amount to $250,000.
LAST TOURNAMENTS OF THE SEASON.
*Winners of each of these tournaments will be given a free trip to Las Vegas to play in the Finals*
Ascension: Event starts at 12:00pm on Saturday, June 17th, $15 entry fee. Register here!
Epic Spell Wars II: Event starts at 12:00pm on Sunday, June 18th, $15 entry fee. Register here!
Get your booster boxes for $110 including tax. And you can reserve your Bundles and Planeswalker Decks. Sign up here on our Google form!
First 50 customers to preorder booster boxes will get this sweet promo:
Amonkhet Release Weekend Events
- Thursday, April 27th
– Midnight draft at 11:59pm
- Friday, April 28th
– Booster draft at 2:00pm
– FNM: Standard and Draft at 7:30pm
- Saturday, April 29th
– Sealed Box ($135) at 3:00pm *must preregister on this form, max 16 players*
– Sealed draft ($24) at 7:30pm
- Sunday, April 30th
– Booster draft at 12:00pm
– Win-a-Box Draft ($18) 6:00pm
Participants in any release event will be eligible to receive this cool release weekend promo while supplies last:
Join us in celebrating all things tabletop! We’ll be running a number of events throughout the weekend!
Friday, April 28th at 4th Tap Brewing Coop from 6pm-10pm
– Our new friends down the road on Metric Blvd. are graciously hosting us for an awesome pre-party for International Tabletop Day. We’ll be bringing some demo games and raffle prizes for the night. Feel free to bring your own or try something off their shelf. And, of course, try their amazing beers!
The Main Event
Saturday, April 29th at Mothership Books and Games from 11am to 2am
– Open Board Gaming all day! We have almost 50 new demo games that we’ve added to our shelf and will be launching our Board Game Rental Program. Ask Lauren for more details at the event!
– RPG Corner at Pokejos BBQ: We’ve reserved the party room from 12pm to 9pm for our D&D Boot Camp and D&D One Shots. We’ll also have Alan available for our Q&A sessions.
– Unrivaled Tournaments: We’re hosting a tournament series that ends in a $250,000 grand prize finals this summer. We’re doing 2 of the satellite tournaments to qualify players for the regional tournaments. King of Tokyo at 1:00pm and Munchkin at 4:00pm for a $5 entry fee.
– Hourly Raffles: Every hour, we’ll be doing a number of raffles based on the number of participants at the event during that time. Over $1,000 in prizes are available to be raffled and will be disbursed based on the number of participants throughout the day. (Fine print: I’m not giving shit away if people don’t come to the event.) Participants will receive a ticket each hour they are present and can earn 1 additional ticket for every $5 they spend on tabletop games and accessories. Raffles include sealed copies of games, ITTD swag, Mothership swag, and game promos. Examples: Axis and Allies miniatures kits, 7 Wonders Duel, Mysterium, Colt Express, Cash ‘n Guns, Agricola promos, Mothership tote bags.
Play Modern Masters in a casual setting!
Tuesdays at 7:00pm on April 4, 11, 18, and 25th
First week, buy in is $50 for 6 packs of Modern Masters. Build a 40 card deck and play 3 rounds.
2nd through 4th weeks: Buy up to 3 packs to add to your card pool, play 3 rounds. (Special pack prices for League Members: $9 for 1 pack, $17 for 2 packs, $25 for 3 packs)
1 point for participation
1 point per round win
At the end of the 4th week, players will receive packs based on their points from the league weeks:
4-8 points: 2 packs of MM17
9-12 points: 3 packs of MM17
13+ points: 4 packs of MM17