Join us in celebrating all things tabletop! We’ll be running a number of events throughout the weekend!
Friday, April 28th at 4th Tap Brewing Coop from 6pm-10pm
– Our new friends down the road on Metric Blvd. are graciously hosting us for an awesome pre-party for International Tabletop Day. We’ll be bringing some demo games and raffle prizes for the night. Feel free to bring your own or try something off their shelf. And, of course, try their amazing beers!
The Main Event
Saturday, April 29th at Mothership Books and Games from 11am to 2am
– Open Board Gaming all day! We have almost 50 new demo games that we’ve added to our shelf and will be launching our Board Game Rental Program. Ask Lauren for more details at the event!
– RPG Corner at Pokejos BBQ: We’ve reserved the party room from 12pm to 9pm for our D&D Boot Camp and D&D One Shots. We’ll also have Alan available for our Q&A sessions.
– Unrivaled Tournaments: We’re hosting a tournament series that ends in a $250,000 grand prize finals this summer. We’re doing 2 of the satellite tournaments to qualify players for the regional tournaments. King of Tokyo at 1:00pm and Munchkin at 4:00pm for a $5 entry fee.
– Hourly Raffles: Every hour, we’ll be doing a number of raffles based on the number of participants at the event during that time. Over $1,000 in prizes are available to be raffled and will be disbursed based on the number of participants throughout the day. (Fine print: I’m not giving shit away if people don’t come to the event.) Participants will receive a ticket each hour they are present and can earn 1 additional ticket for every $5 they spend on tabletop games and accessories. Raffles include sealed copies of games, ITTD swag, Mothership swag, and game promos. Examples: Axis and Allies miniatures kits, 7 Wonders Duel, Mysterium, Colt Express, Cash ‘n Guns, Agricola promos, Mothership tote bags.
Play Modern Masters in a casual setting!
Tuesdays at 7:00pm on April 4, 11, 18, and 25th
First week, buy in is $50 for 6 packs of Modern Masters. Build a 40 card deck and play 3 rounds.
2nd through 4th weeks: Buy up to 3 packs to add to your card pool, play 3 rounds. (Special pack prices for League Members: $9 for 1 pack, $17 for 2 packs, $25 for 3 packs)
1 point for participation
1 point per round win
At the end of the 4th week, players will receive packs based on their points from the league weeks:
4-8 points: 2 packs of MM17
9-12 points: 3 packs of MM17
13+ points: 4 packs of MM17
Friday, April 21st at 11:59pm (starts after FMN at midnight): Sealed
Saturday, April 22nd at 12:00pm, 4:00pm, and 8:00pm: Sealed
Sunday, April 23rd at 2:30pm: Sealed
Sunday, April 23rd at 6:30pm: Two-Headed Giant
All events are 3 rounds Swiss. Prizing is 1 pack per round win, +1 pack for participation (must play at least one round), +1 pack for going 3-0.
Event Fees: (can be paid by phone or at the store)
– Preregister and prepay by Thursday, April 20th (by closing) = $25
– “At the door” = $30
– Register for all 6 for the price of 5 = $125
– VIP Package = $200
Our VIP Package includes:
– All 6 prerelease events
– 1 pack of sleeves (any in stock)
– 12 drink/snack coupons
– 8 hour block in the LAN center
– Mothership T-Shirt OR Playmat
– 6 extra raffle tickets
– Priority pack distribution (I’ll hand it to you personally)
For every prerelease event, we hand out an Achievement Sheet (link shows the one from Aether Revolt) where players can earn raffle tickets from completing various tasks during the event. Players put their raffle tickets into the boxes that correspond to specific prizes. The prize options for Amonkhet prerelease will be a Planechase Anthology, FTV Lore, various Mothership swag, playmats, event entry vouchers, Planeswalker decks, and much more.
*Note: preregistration is highly recommended as we typically sell out for these events. Please fill out our Google form to preregister.*
Entry fee is $30 and includes:
– 22 card evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets
– 4 Sun and Moon Guardians Rising Booster Packs
– 1 of 4 alternate art promo cards
– 1 Deck building tip sheet
Each player will receive 1 prerelease deck and be given 30 minutes for deck building.
The tournament will last about 3-4 rounds depending on the number of total participants. Each round typically lasts 20 minutes + 3 turns.
Games are played with 4 prize cards rather than the usual 6. Basic energy cards included in the prerelease kits will be provided to players.
Everyone will receive 3 participation packs and we’ll add 1 pack per person to the prize pool to be distributed to the top half players of each division. Players that are grouped into the same division will not be separated for prizing. Additional prize packs will be from sets that are currently available; you may instead accept a voucher for the new set when it is released.
We will also be raffling off some Elite Trainer boxes, EX boxes, and Mythical boxes- one will be added per 8 attendees!
***You must preregister through this Google form in order to be guaranteed a seat. Those who do not preregister will not necessarily be able to enter the event. Hard cap at 32 players.***
Event Fee: $15
Date: Saturday, April 8th
Time: Registration will begin at 10:30am and close at 10:55am. Player meeting will start promptly at 11:00am. If you are not seated and ready with your decklist by the player meeting, you will be given a round 1 game loss.
*If you didn’t see the above link, you can pregister here.*
Tournament structure: Swiss rounds, cut to top 8 for single elimination. Premier format rules. Maximum 32 players. Under 16 players will be best of 3, more than 16 players will be best of 1.
League Cup Kit Prizing:
1 stamped playmat for first place for each division
Championship points in the following manner: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/tcg-league-cup/
1 box of Sun and Moon packs will be added to the prize pool for every 12 players registered in the tournament. Packs will be distributed proportionally to each division to a minimum of the top 3 players.
**Preorders for Modern Masters 2017 are closed to the public. Requests can be made to Lauren or Tom directly, but are not guaranteed unless explicitly stated. Boxes and packs will be available for purchase on the day of while supplies last.***
RELEASE WEEKEND EVENTS
Thursday, March 16th at 11:59pm
Friday, March 17th at 6:30pm
Saturday, March 18th at 6:30pm
– Entry fee: $45
– 3 pack draft; 3 rounds Swiss
– 1 pack of Modern Masters 2017 per round win or bye
*Note: if you do not want to pass your pack in the draft, you will need to scoop from the pod.
Sunday, March 19th at 2:00pm: Sealed Draft
– Entry fee: $55
– 3 packs sealed of Modern Masters 2017; 3 packs drafted of Conspiracy 2
– 3 rounds Swiss
– 1 pack of Modern Masters per round win or bye
Sunday, March 19th at 4:00pm: Modern Masters Win-a-Box
– Entry fee: $20
– Format: Modern
– Minimum 12 people to fire
– Swiss rounds with a cut to top
– 2 packs of Modern Masters 2017 will be added to the prize pool for each participant over 12. Distribution will be based on total participants and decided prior to the start of the tournament.
Swiss rounds, best of 1
1.5 packs per player will be added to the prize pool and prized out to the top half players per division. If multiple divisions are grouped together, then the prizing will be split into those respective groups.
Note: if promos do not arrive in time, players will be able to receive them at a later date
Check out some of our upcoming preorder deals! Preorder requests should be in by February 20th for the best chance of getting product guaranteed.
All preorder prices are only guaranteed upon complete payment.
Fill out our Google form or call the store to reserve your preorder.
Click on the pictures to get more info on the game!
Smash Up: What Were We Thinking Expansion
Preorder price: $19.99 +tax (MSRP: $24.99)
Ghostbusters II The Board Game
Preorder Price: $70 + tax (MSRP: $90)
Get both the Slimer and Louis Tully Expansions with the base game for $120 +tax! (MSRP: $150)
Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game
Preorder price: $49.99 (MSRP: $59.99)
Letters from Whitechapel Dear Boss Expansion
Preorder price: $24.95 (MSRP: $29.95)
Finally being reprinted!
Preorder price: $54.99 (MSRP: $70)
Cthulhu Wars Base Game
*looking for the expansions? email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org for bundle options*
Preorder price: $159 (MSRP $199)
Takenoko Collector’s Edition
Preorder price: $235 (MSRP $279)
*Chibis Expansion Collector’s Edition available as well for $110 preorder price (MSRP $139)*
Saturday, February 11th and Sunday, February 12th at 4:00pm
Entry fee: $10
1st place: 1 box of Aether Revolt boosters and the Champion playmat
Top 8 will get the full art Yahenni’s Expertise. Top 30 players will get the alternate art Trophy Mage.
3 booster packs will be added to the prize pool for every player after the first 12. Prize packs will be distributed at the TO’s discretion based on the number of participants registered at the start of the event.
When: Saturday, January 28th at 1:00pm (registration and friendlies will be from 12pm to 1pm)
Tournament fee: $10 entry
Tournament Structure: Relaxed tournament structure. Swiss rounds based on the number of participants. No cuts.
Prizing: Prizes will be handed out from the official FFG kit and previous season kits. Minimum prizing is as follows:
- Top 32 – The top thirty-two players will each receive a copy of the alternate art card “Syrio Forel” – a card that can train your other characters in the way of the Water Dance.
- Top 8 – The top eight players will each receive a Syrio Forel deckbox to house their allies and armies.
- Top 4 – The top four players will each receive a playmat full of flowing colors depicting Ser Robar Royce.
- Top 2 – The top two players will each receive a printed acrylic token to be used with the card “Tears of Lys”.
- First Place – The winner will receive a color printed plaque and a first round bye (not pictured) to a 2017 A Game of Thrones: The Card Game Regional Championship of their choice!