Join us during our regularly scheduled Sunday Win-a-Box events for a chance to win a Standard Showdown pack!
Standard Showdown packs contain foils, rares, and mythics from the current standard sets.
How Showdown Packs will be prized out:
– 1 pack to each player in the top 8
– 1 pack to a select player in the community
Note: For events that have fewer than 8 players, we will distribute one to each player. Excess packs will be saved for events with higher attendance.
These additional prizes will be added for the following Sundays at 6:00pm:
– Sunday, August 20th
– Sunday, August 27th
– Sunday, September 3rd
– Sunday, September 10th
These events also give 2x Planeswalker points and count double towards your standings in the Standard Sponsorship Series.
Finally, an awesome DBZ card game has arrived! We’re out of boosters, but we still have starters and special packs available for sale.
We also have 14 tournament kits for this season! Tournaments will be held on Mondays at 7:30pm. Entry fee is $3 (at least until we have booster packs for prize support.)
Tournament structure is swiss rounds based on the number of participants.
– 1 mat will be added for every 8 people entered in the event to be prized from 1st place down
– 2 promo packs will be added to the prize pool for each player entered to be prized out to the top half players
– 1 participation promo will be added for each player entered
*The TO reserves the right to add prizing whenever she deems appropriate*
We’re selling 25 sets of all 4 decks for a special preorder price of $120 including tax (normal MSRP is over $150 including tax).
You must sign up through this Google form and you must prepay in order to guarantee your preorder.
Release date: Friday, August 25th (we’ll stay open past midnight on Thursday night for pickups)
*Note: we will not be taking preorders for individual decks. They will be on a first-come, first served basis.
When: Saturday, August 5th at 4pm and Sunday, August 6th at 4pm
Entry fee: $10
1st place: 1 box of Hour of Devastation boosters and the Champion playmat
Top 8 will get the full art Adorned Pouncer. Top 30 players will get the alternate art Abrade
3 booster packs will be added to the prize pool for every player after the first 12. Prize packs will be distributed at the TO’s discretion based on the number of participants registered at the start of the event.
Join us for some league action! Great event for new players who want to get some practice with deckbuilding and some light competition and for veteran players looking for a fun experience.
League is every Tuesday from July 18th – August 8th at 7:00pm. If you cannot make it to the Tuesday meet time, you are welcome to play matches at other times with League Players throughout the week.
Entry fee is $20 and includes 4 booster packs of Hour of Devastation and 2 packs Amonkhet to build a 40 card deck with. The first 30 participants will receive a collector’s box to store their cards in.
Rules of the League:
– Play as many matches as you want.
– Get a free mulligan each match.
– Add another booster pack to your pool after 3 losses and/or at the beginning of the next league session (max. 3 packs per week)
-We’ll hold your league materials in between weeks.
– Play all 4 league events = 3 packs
– Win more than 5 matches in a row = 1 pack
– Bring a friend who’s never played at Mothership before to join the league = 1 pack
– Play 10+ games = 1 Wizards promo item
– Build a deck that Lauren thinks is really funny = 1 pack*
– Don’t be a douchebag to other players and actually foster community at the ‘ship = 1 pack*
Note: * means that it’s up to Lauren’s discretion if you get this bonus pack or not
Preorder your booster boxes with Mothership Books and Games to get one of these sweet promos! (First 60 people to preorder.)
Sign up here!
Preorder/prepay price is $105 including tax. Deadline to preorder is Wednesday, July 12th.
Prerelease VIPs can preorder up to two booster boxes for $95.
Fill out our Google form here!
*Note: preregistration is highly recommended as we typically sell out for these events.*
Event times and dates:
– Saturday, July 22nd at 11:30am
– Sunday, July 23rd at 11:30am
– Monday, July 24th at 7:00pm
– Thursday, July 27th at 7:00pm
Entry fee is $30 and includes:
– 22 card evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets
– 4 Sun and Moon Burning Shadows Booster Packs
– 1 of 4 alternate art promo cards
– 1 Deck building tip sheet
Max. 24 players per event. Each player will receive 1 prerelease deck and be given 30 minutes for deck building.
The tournament will last about 3-4 rounds depending on the number of total participants. Each round typically lasts 20 minutes + 3 turns.
Games are played with 4 prize cards rather than the usual 6. Basic energy cards included in the prerelease kits will be provided to players.
Everyone will receive 3 participation packs and we’ll add 1 pack per person to the prize pool to be distributed to the top half players of each division. Additional prize packs will be from sets that are currently available; you may instead accept a voucher for the new set when it is released.
We will also be raffling off some Elite Trainer boxes, EX boxes, and Mythical boxes- one will be added per 8 attendees!
Sign up here for our Hour of Devastation Prerelease Events!
Event dates and times:
– Friday, July 7th (Sealed) at 11:59pm
– Saturday, July 8th (Sealed) at 11:30am, 4:00, and 8:30pm
– Sunday, July 9th (Sealed) at 1:30pm
– Sunday, July 9th (2-Headed Giant) at 6:30pm
All events are 3 rounds Swiss. Prizing is 1 pack per round win, +1 pack for participation (must play at least one round), +1 pack for going 3-0.
Event Fees: (can be paid by phone or at the store)
– Preregister and prepay by Thursday, April 20th (by closing) = $25
– “At the door” = $30
– Register for all 6 for the price of 5 = $125
– VIP Package = $200
Our VIP Package includes:
– All 6 prerelease events
– 1 pack of sleeves (any in stock)
– 12 drink/snack coupons
– 8 hour block in the LAN center
– Ultimate Guard Flip Top Box (80 card size)
– $20 store credit
– 6 extra raffle tickets
– Commemorative badge and lanyard
– Ability to preorder a booster box for $95 including tax
– Priority pack distribution (I’ll hand it to you personally)
(No substitutions, please)
For every prerelease event, we hand out an Achievement Sheet (link shows the one from Aether Revolt) where players can earn raffle tickets from completing various tasks during the event. Players put their raffle tickets into the boxes that correspond to specific prizes. The prize options for Amonkhet prerelease will be a Planechase Anthology, FTV Lore, various Mothership swag, playmats, event entry vouchers, Planeswalker decks, and much more.
Date: Sunday, June 25th at 11:00am (dice roll at 11:30am)
Event fee: $10– your registration is only confirmed once you have paid the event fees. Register here!
Tournament structure: Hard cap at 48 players. Swiss rounds with a cut to top 8. Must fill out a decklist.
Top 32 – An alternate art version of the upgrade card The Best Defense.
Top 8 – A deckbox showcasing the First Order and its legions of Stormtroopers.
Top 4 – A playmat featuring Captain Phasma
Top 2 – An extended art, plastic, spot-glossed Captain Phasma, Elite Trooper card.
First Place – A printed art plaque to commemorate your victory and a first-round bye card that is valid at any 2017 or 2018 Star Wars: Destiny Regional Championship!
Destiny booster packs, singles, and accessories will be added to the prize and raffle pool proportional to the number of players attending.
Please fill out the following form and come to the store or call us at 512-291-7399 to pay your event fees. *Registration form!*
Join us for our first Free RPG Day at Mothership!
Anyone who comes by the store will get a free promotional RPG-related item with the premium items available to those who participate in events.
We’ll be running a number of one-shots throughout the day for D&D 5th edition, Pathfinder, and a number of indie RPGs.
Here are some of the games that will be running. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
11:00am: D&D 5th edition Boot Camp
12:00pm: D&D 5th edition One-Shot
2:00pm: Dungeon Crawl Classics
4:00pm: Pathfinder One Shot
6:00pm: D&D Intro Session and One Shot
6:00pm: Starfinder One Shot
These items will be available to anyone who stops by the store (limit 1 item per customer). You may take extras if you participate in one of our events for the day.
- Starfinder Quickstart
- RuneQuest Quickstart Guide
- Dungeon Crawl Classics Adventure/Quickstart
- Conan RPG Quickstart
- Numenara Module
- Vaginas are Magic Supplement
- 13th Age Quickstart
- TORG Eternity
- Through the Breach Minis
- Ninja Crusade Quickstart
Bonus swag for our participants:
- Q-Workshop Dice
- Gaming Paper
- RPG Status Tokens