We have already moved other groups for the day to accommodate more people for this event. There are literally no other chairs in the space for this event. Showing up will not afford you a place in the tournament.
Event Details: – Sunday, September 9th
– Registration opens at 10:00am
– First round starts at 11:00am
Event Structure and Prizing: – Swiss rounds based on the number of participants
– Hard cap at 32 players
– Cut to top 8 after Swiss
– No prizing— all fees go to paying judges and staff
Join us for some league action! Great event for new players who want to get some practice with deckbuilding and some light competition and for veteran players looking for a fun experience.
League is every Tuesday from July 18 to August 7 at 6:30pm. If you cannot make it to the Tuesday meet time, you are welcome to play matches at other times with League Players throughout the week.
Entry fee is $25 and includes 6 boosters of Core Set 2019 to build a 40 card deck. The first 30 participants will receive a collector’s box to store their cards in.
Rules of the League:
– Play as many matches as you want.
– Get a free mulligan each match.
– Add another booster pack to your pool after 3 losses and/or at the beginning of the next league session (max. 3 packs per week)
-We’ll hold your league materials in between weeks.
– Play all 4 league events = 4 packs
– Win more than 5 matches in a row = 1 pack
– Play 10+ games = 1 Wizards promo item
Dates and Times: – Sunday, July 22nd at 4:00pm
– Monday, July 23rd at 7:00pm
– Tuesday, July 24th at 7:00pm
– Saturday, July July 28th at 1:00pm
Entry fee is $30 and includes:
– 22 card evolution pack featuring key cards from current and prior sets
– 4 Celestial Storm Booster Packs
– 1 of 4 alternate art promo cards
– 1 Deck building tip sheet
Max. 96 players for all events. Sign up sheet will be cutoff when we hit event caps. Preregistration is highly recommended to ensure a spot in the event.
Each player will receive 1 prerelease deck and be given 30 minutes for deck building.
The tournament will last about 3-4 rounds depending on the number of total participants. Each round typically lasts 20 minutes + 3 turns.
Games are played with 4 prize cards rather than the usual 6. Basic energy cards included in the prerelease kits will be provided to players.
Everyone will receive 2 participation packs and we’ll add 1 pack per person to the prize pool to be distributed to the top half players of each division. Additional prize packs will be from sets that are currently available; you may instead accept a voucher for the new set when it is released.
Join us for a intro session to MTG and to the new set, Core 2019! Each participant will get a free sample deck to take home.
Saturday, June 30th at 1:00pm
Those who help teach others or those who play at least 5 games with 5 unique opponents will receive a full art promo. We reserve the right to limit the distribution of promos to people who try to scam the system and not help facilitate a welcoming environment for new players.